Palma Violets a la Black and White
when you and your best friend both think the same thing
"I watch like Matt from Arctic Monkeys play [the drums] and I just feel embarrassed because I can’t like … do stuff." - Patrick Carney (x)
Prince Harry and John Barrowman both do a mutual high five/ass slap combo omg
Can we just appreciate that John smacked Prince Harry’s royal ass so hard that the guy actually had to rub himself a little while John waves his hand
Can we just appreciate that John smacked Prince Harry’s royal ass
It’s basically illegal not to reblog this.
"This is how fragile your life is"
Fucking kids care more about each other than we do
For the rebloggers: Make sure to put your country’s name in the tags UvU
Rostam did a Reddit AMA today, and here are some stuff that you might have missed:
- His favorite songs that he worked on are Don’t Lie (“it has a special place in my heart”) I Retired, (“a song i did with Hamilton Leithauser from the Walkmen is also pretty dear to me…”) and Need Your Love (“which is coming out in October on Charli XCX’s new album is a song that i’m really proud of”).
- He talked about This Is Our Youth and how it’s different from Vampire Weekend: the melodies are on instruments so they can go places that voices can’t really go. in both cases i’m focused on chord progressions and how they move you through various emotions. with ‘this is our youth’, the melodies can move in weird and unexpected ways since they are mostly on piano. they can be more angular. also when i’m working on a song i’m always obsessed with the drums. there are drums in the music i wrote for the play but they are less central. i feel like with most songs the drums need to be at the heart of everything.
- He also explained why they aren’t any b-sides on MVOTC: MVOTC is the album we wrote the most songs for… and there are a lot of scraps left over and half-written songs lurking about. i think some bits and pieces might turn out in the next thing we do.
- His application essay to Columbia: i actually wrote it about music and what it meant to me. how i applied music theory to everything i listened to, including pop songs like “hit me baby one more time” (it was 2001 at the time)
- And he is a “really big fan" of Alex Turner’s Submarine EP.